Q: If I accidentally purchase the wrong textbook, can I return it?
A: Please see the Refund Policy Page.
Q: When can I sell my textbook back to Hawk's Hub?
A: Be sure to check out the Book Buyback page
- Textbook buyback is offered as a service to you and is conducted during finals week of the fall, spring and summer semesters. Dates and times will be posted online an on campus.
- A wholesale book company may purchase books no longer needed by the college, if they have current market value and are in good condition. Hawk's Hub, the East Campus Bookstore, and Black Hawk College have no control over publisher new editions or prices.
- No Receipt is needed at buyback.
Q: What are your hours of operation?
A: Please refer to the Hours page under About in the menu.
Q: How do college stores acquire used books?
A: College stores use a variety of methods to secure used books for students:
- One strategy for obtaining used books is through buyback events, where books are purchased from the students for resale.
- College stores also work with textbook wholesale companies to secure additional copies of used books, or books that may not have been available during their campus' buyback.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: Hawk's Hub and the East Campus Bookstore accept cash, checks with a student ID number, debit and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Discover). Students may use their Financial Aid in the college stores as each semester begins. We will post those dates online and on campus for your convenience.
Credit cards and Financial Aid are accepted for online purchases.
Q: Is it safe to use my credit card and other personal information on the website?
A: Yes. All your login and billing information is sent via encrypted SSL. Hawk's Hub and the East Campus Bookstore will never sell or distribute any of your account information to third parties.
Q: What are "Textbook Bundles"?
A: Bundles are packages that contain a textbook along with other course material that may assist a student in their studies.
- These additional course materials may include such items as study guides, CD software and online access codes to textbook companion websites.
- Bundles are typically packages and sold as a single unit. Once opened, they are not returnable or refundable.
Q: What is considered "Financial Aid"?
A: We use the term ‘financial aid’ to cover any funds that are available to the student to use in the bookstore. This may include Pell grants, scholarships, awards, loans. Students can check their financial aid balance by logging onto their myBH page.
Q: When can I buy my books with Pell Grants or other Financial Aid?
A: You may charge books, supplies and clothing in the college stores after verification of awards has been posted to your account and the information is sent to the stores. You can log onto my BH to check your financial aid status.
Q: Why is the amount of my web order different than when I placed the order?
A: We substitute new or used titles based on availability, therefore your order may differ from the amount you are expecting. Shipping charges may also change. We will send you an email with your correct charges when we process your order.
Q: When is the payment applied to my credit card?
A: The website does not deduct anything from your account at the time your order is placed.
- Your credit card will not be charged until the books are actually pulled and processed.
- The total amount on the confirmation receipt may change due to the availability of used books.
- You will receive an email with the correctly billed amount.
- Your bill will be reflected when you pick up the books or your order is shipped.
Q: Why do I need to give you my address if I do not want the books shipped?
A: We need general information including your address to set up an account.
Q: My question is not on this FAQ!
A: Unable to find an answer to your question? Head to the Contact Us page and contact the store.