Textbook Rental Agreement
You have entered into a rental agreement with our bookstore to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbooks rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester.
1. I understand that the books/materials rented to me as listed on my receipt are the property of Black Hawk College Hawk’s Hub or East Campus Bookstore. I acknowledge that the book/material, whether new or used, is in good condition.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to return the rented book(s)/material(s) on or before the rental return date or pay the posted new book/new material retail price to replace the book/material in addition to what was paid at time of the rental. Hawk’s Hub or East Campus Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return date and is not responsible for returns shipped to the store via any carrier.
3. I am responsible for the condition of the books/materials rented. I bear the full responsibility for the return of the rented books/materials in salable condition and for payment of the posted new books/materials retail price if rented books/materials are lost, stolen, or returned in unsalable condition. Unsalable condition includes damages incurred to the rented books/material as determined by the Hawk’s Hub or East Campus Bookstore staff, including but not limited to torn covers, torn pages, or liquid damage. I agree that all identifying stickers/labels on the books/materials must remain intact and must not be removed, altered or obliterated. Limited highlighting and writing in the rented textbook is permitted.
4. If I fail to return the books/materials by the rental return date, I understand that a hold will be placed on my Black Hawk College account (registration, requests for transcripts, etc.) until such time as I pay all financial debts to Black Hawk College or to the College’s collection agency which would include additional collection fees. Further, I understand that a charge will be placed on my student account for the posted new books/materials retail price of any books/materials not returned on time or returned in unsalable condition. If my books/materials are not returned by the deadline or if I have outstanding charges, I acknowledge and accept that I will not be eligible for the Rental Program for the following semester or until all outstanding fees are paid.
5. I understand that if I drop a course for which I have rented books/materials, the rental fee is refundable only when I return the rental book/material per the timeframe listed in our current return policy. In order to return my rental during this timeframe, I am required to have my original receipt.
6. I understand that I am renting these books/materials for one semester only. If I need the books/materials for future semesters, I must return the book to Hawk’s Hub or East Campus Bookstore by the deadline and re-rent the books/materials depending on availability.
7. I understand that my rental fee is non-refundable for any reason, past the normal returns deadlines for course materials.
8. I have read and fully understand the provisions and the terms of this Agreement as outlined and I agree to adhere to all conditions and terms as stated.
By checking the rental agreement, I agree to the posted Textbook/Material Rental Terms of Agreement.